The Club at Pine Forest Amenities
Access to the 18-hole championship golf course. Bob Spence, lead designer for Davis Love III, designed the par 72 golf course.
Ten ELSCO lighted, clay courts are maintained daily and second to none in the LowCountry. The Club at Pine Forest offers a full complement of tennis lessons, leagues, and programs for men and women and an active junior tennis program for all levels, from beginners to tournament players. With two full-time USPTA Tennis Professionals with extensive experience and training at all levels, Pine Forest’s tennis program is recognized as one of the finest in the area.
A Junior Olympic size swimming pool with full bathhouse facilities and Cabana Bar and Grill. Swim teams, lessons, and water aerobic classes are available for the entire family.
A full service clubhouse featuring a full service dining room and member’s lounge with views of the golf course, pool and tennis courts. It also includes men’s and women’s locker rooms. The clubhouse is available for dinners, special events, and parties, in addition to regular member activities.
Golf Pro Shop – a fully stocked pro shop to provide for all of your golf needs including clothing, shoes, and merchandise.
Tennis Pro Shop – a fully stocked Tennis Pro Shop with a wide selection of racquets, clothing, shoes, and equipment. Restringing services are also available.
- The golf course shall be open seven (7) days per week unless otherwise closed by management due to weather related conditions that cause the golf course to be closed temporarily.
- The club is a soft spike only facility.
- Appropriate golf attire shall be worn at all time. If there is any doubt about proper attire, please contact the golf staff.
- The golf course shall not be used for any purpose other than golf (i.e. ball playing, pitching, skate boarding, jogging, bicycling, roller blading, pet walking, hitting practice balls and riding motorcycles, mopeds or go-peds are prohibited.
- No littering on the golf course shall be permitted. All players shall dispose of their trash in the trash bins provided by the club.
- Management has the responsibility of maintaining orderly play throughout the golf course and will also provide assistance and advice on general course conditions. Management has the authority to evict any person from the premises who displays unruly, offensive or disruptive conduct or does not observe all rules and regulations.
- All members, guests and non-member players shall register in the golf shop prior to play. All players must obtain a receipt from the golf shop before seeing the starter prior to being directed to their starting hole assignment.
- Club members shall not be charged green fees for the use of the golf course, unless required by membership classification.
- Tee time reservations may be made fourteen days in advance. The club reserves the right to charge a members account in the event a pre-booked reservation is not cancelled and goes unused.
- The number of golfers playing together may not exceed four (4) unless otherwise approved by management.
- Practice shall be permitted on the driving range only, unless otherwise specified by management.
- Members are permitted to walk the golf course while playing a reserved round of golf.
- At its sole discretion, management has the right to modify any of the rules stipulated above.
- To participate in Pine Forest tournaments, a golf membership is required.
- Demonstration clubs issued by the golf shop are available to use for the purpose of testing a club before investing in a new product. They can be checked out at the pro shop and must be returned when finished playing or practicing. In the event the golf shop is closed, the demo must be returned within 24 hours. Non-members must provide a credit card number at the time of check out.
Golf Cart Use
The rules and restrictions below have been developed to preserve the beauty and playing conditions of our course. Cooperation of all golf members in their observance of these rules and guidelines is essential.
- Golf carts are limited to two (2) players and two (2) bags only.
- Carts are not permitted on the course when, in the opinion of management, their use would be detrimental to the course.
- A rental fee will be charged and paid before a cart can be released for use.
- A permanent driver’s license is mandatory to operate any golf cart on golf course property.
- Carts must be parked on the path in those areas specifically marked for this purpose.
- All directional signs, stakes, ropes and other markers used to guide and direct golf cart traffic must be observed. Similarly, signs prohibiting or restricting the use of golf carts in particular areas are to be obeyed with exception.
- Carts must be driven on path around all greens and tees.
- Members and guests operating a cart shall be responsible for the repair of any damage caused to or by the cart. All damages must be reported to the golf shop and an incident report must be filled out and signed by the renting party.
- Private carts may be used on the golf course provided stipulated trail fees have been prepaid. Private golf carts may not be trailored onto property for golf course use. Fees for private carts are paid annually beginning in January and are non refundable.
- Members who own their own cart must show evidence of insurability and complete the appropriate application.
- Members will be asked to sign a statement of release, which holds The Club at Pine Forest, its owners and employees harmless from injury or legal action.
- Members are charged with the duty of reporting any violations of the above rules. The failure of any member or guest to comply with these rules will result in his/her forfeiting the right to use a cart on the golf course.
- Members and their guests are expected to abide by all By-Laws, Rules and Regulations of the club. Any member who conducts him/herself in an unbecoming manner, or who knowingly violates any club rule, may be denied service by the club or may have their membership suspended or terminated. Good order, proper attire, decorum and consideration of the rights and comforts of others must be observed at all times in all places on the club premises. Members shall be accountable for misuse and damage to any club equipment, furniture and fixtures.
- Members may be permitted to use the clubhouse during normal business hours as posted by the club.
- Members shall be permitted to maintain a running account for charges at the clubhouse up to the pre-authorized limit of $750. Accounts must be paid within prescribed time periods.
- No food or beverages shall be permitted on the premises other than the food and beverages offered by the club, unless authorized by management.
- Members are responsible for their children’s behavior at all times.
- The playing of games of all kinds on the property of the club shall be regulated by management, which shall have the power to prohibit the playing of any games that shall be deemed inappropriate to the interest of the club. There will be no after hours games permitted.
- No notices, placards, pictures or other written material other than club bulletins shall be posted or placed in the clubhouse facilities or elsewhere on club property unless approved by management.
- No member of the club shall be permitted to send any employee out of the club quarters for any purpose, or to call upon him or her for any service that takes them away from their duties.
- No club member or guest shall take any article belonging to the club from the clubhouse facilities. Members are liable for property damaged or destroyed by their guests or themselves.
- Management shall not be responsible for articles lost, stolen or missing. Members shall not be permitted in the kitchen, cart storage area, pump house and all areas posted as restricted.
- No alcoholic beverages are to be brought onto club property, served to or consumed by persons under the legal age.
- Strict observance of all federal, state and city regulations with respect to consumption and possession of all alcoholic beverages on the premises is required. No one will be permitted to remove alcoholic beverages from the premises.
- No member of the club shall be permitted to sell any merchandise of any kind on club property.
- All suggestions shall be placed in the payment/suggestion box in the clubhouse or addressed to management. In no case shall an employee be reprimanded directly by a member.
- Fishing or swimming in lakes on club property is not permitted at any time.
- Shirt and shoes are a requirement to enter the clubhouse.
- Call the pro shop to reserve a court up to three days in advance.
- Each reservation is for 90 minutes.
- Prior to play, each court must have at least one member check in at the pro shop to receive their court assignment and the names in party should be given at this time.
- Without prior notice court reservations will be held for only 30 minutes; then the court will be reassigned.
- Guests may play with a member for $12.00 per reservation. Fees for guests may be put on the member’s account or paid prior to play in the pro shop. House guests visiting a member from outside a 50-mile radius may play with a member at no charge. Management must approve any exceptions.
Attire and Etiquette
- Tennis attire must be worn at all times. Shoes made for tennis court play, not jogging, cross training, etc, must be worn, as others are detrimental to clay courts.
- Tennis etiquette must be observed at all times. Management reserves the authority to evict any person from the premises who displays unruly, offensive or disruptive conduct or does not observe the rules and regulations.
- As a courtesy to other members, please brush the court at the end of play. Brushing the court at the end of the evening when you are last on the court is especially important as it is before morning watering and improves court playability.
- At the end of evening play, please turn off lights on your court.
- No littering will be tolerated in or around court area.
- No dogs or pets are allowed on or near tennis courts.
- Bicycles should be left in bike racks near tennis courts, not on walkways. Skates and skateboards are not permitted on walkways or steps.
- Please call in advance to reserve the machine and check on court availability.
- Rental prices are: $15.00/hour or $10/half hour.
- Remote is kept in the pro shop and should be picked up at check in and returned to the pro shop at the end of a session.
- No one under 18 years of age can use the ball machine unless supervised by an adult.
- There is a Ball Machine Club for members at $200/year per family. This enables unlimited use, but still requires a reservation to check for availability.
To be eligible to play for a Pine Forest Country Club team, you must be a full or tennis member of the club. This includes but is not limited to: USTA men’s, women’s and mixed, City league, etc.
Practices and Matches
- Reservations for matches and practices are the responsibility of the team captain and should be made through the pro shop.
- Matches take precedence over practices.
- If the team captain needs to reschedule match play, please check with the pro shop for court availability before scheduling date or time.
- If your team has an extended season (playoffs, states etc) please check with the pro shop to schedule extra practices.
Demonstration racquets are available to use for the purpose of testing a racquet before investing in a new racquet. They can be checked out at the pro shop and must be returned when finished play for that session. If play ends after the pro shop is closed for the day, the demo must be returned within 48 hours. Non – members must provide a credit card number at the time of check out.
Occasionally, Pine Forest will host special tennis events and tournaments, which are important to the overall promotion of tennis and Pine Forest country Club. The Club appreciates the members’ consideration during these times. Every effort will be made to accommodate member play during these times, but requests for specific playing times may not be available
Additional Rules, or changes to the existing rules herein, may also be set at the discretion of the Tennis Director.
- Pine Forest Country Club’s Pool is a swim at your own risk facility.
- All members and guest must sign in with the pool attendant. Management will establish daily guest fees, and all guest fee charges will be billed to members account. Visiting house guest may accompany members in good standing at no cost. Visiting guest passes are to be obtained from club administrator prior to guest arrival.
- There should be no solo swimming.
- There should be no running, boisterous or rough play
- There should be no spitting or blowing nose in pool.
- Persons with diarrhea, illness, or nausea should not enter the pool.
- Persons with skin, eye, ear or respiratory infections should not enter the pool.
- Persons with open lesions or wounds should not enter the pool.
- No animals or pets allowed in the pool area.
- No glass allowed in the pool or on the deck.
- No children under the age of 12 years old should be in the pool without supervision.
- You should take a shower before entering the pool.
- This pool is open form 11a.m. to 10p.m. Monday – Thursday and 10a.m. to 10p.m. Friday – Sunday.
- The maximum number of swimmers allowed in the pool is 300.
- All toddlers must wear a swim diaper to be allowed access to the pool.
- At any time weather becomes hazardous, all members and guest will be required to leave the pool area.
- Any floatation devices, toys, towels, or other items left at the pool will be discarded after 48 hours.
- No members are to enter the pool, when the gates are locked or the (Pool closed for maintenance signs) are posted.
- Pool parties are to be reserved through club management.
Club Rules and Regulations
Club Rules and Regulations
This 15th day of May, 2007, Pine Forest Country Club LLC, a South Carolina limited liability corporation, hereby declares that the following are the Rules and Regulations under which the operation and membership of the Pine Forest Country Club shall be governed as of the date hereof and that these Rules and Regulations are now in full force and effect, subject to modification, amendment, change, or supplement hereto which may be hereafter adopted by Pine Forest Country Club, LLC. These Rules and Regulations supersede any previous written, printed materials or verbal communication.
The following Rules and Regulations have been established to ensure the enjoyment, safety and protection of the Members of The Club at Pine Forest. The Club at Pine Forest shall hereafter be referred to as the “Club”.
Membership in the Club provides a privilege to use the Club facilities and is not an investment in the Club, nor does it provide an equity or ownership interest in the Club’s facilities, which are owned and operated solely by Pine Forest Country Club, LLC. Membership does not confer upon any member a vested or prescriptive right or easement to use the facilities operated by the Club. The payment of dues and fees at the Club and any and all other applicable charges, expenses or taxes provides a revocable license to use the facilities operated by the Club, in accordance with the classification of membership acquired in the Club.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Pine Forest County Club, LLC reserves the right, from time to time, in its sole and absolute discretion, to amend the terms of membership, to change the classifications of membership, to waive or modify the provisions of these Rules and Regulations, to terminate memberships in the Club, to discontinue operation of any or all of the facilities operated by the Club and to make any other changes in the terms and conditions of membership or the facilities available for use by members.
ARTICLE I – DEFINITION OF TERMS
- Owner – Pine Forest Country Club, LLC, a South Carolina limited Liability Corporation.
- Semi-Private Club – A club in which both private and public play will be available. Management has the sole discretion to change this policy, at any time, as it sees fit.
- Club – Shall mean and refer to the Pine Forest Country Club, Summerville, South Carolina, including all of its facilities as same may exist from time to time.
- Pine Forest Property – Property within the Designated Boundaries of Pine Forest designated as property with respect to which memberships in the Club are available on an initiation-fee basis.
- Management – Shall mean and refer to management of the Pine Forest Country Club as designated from time to time by Pine Forest Country Club, LLC, a South Carolina limited liability Corporation.
- Membership – Shall mean the right and privilege to become a member of the Pine Forest Country Club in accordance with and subject to these Rules and Regulations of the Club, as amended from time to time. Management shall establish classifications of memberships.
- Members – Shall mean and refer to persons who have been accepted for membership in the Club by the management and who are in good standing.
- Good Standing – A member is deemed in good standing when such member is current in all of his/her Club obligations, including, but not limited to, payment of fees and expenses. Membership may only be renewed as provided in these Rules and Regulations.
- Family Membership – Family members entitled to the use of a family membership are (1) husband and wife and their unmarried children who live with them or attend school and are under the age of 23 or (2) an unmarried adult and his/her unmarried children who live with him/her or who attend school and are under the age of 23. Children over 23 visiting parents may utilize the Pine Forest amenities by paying applicable guest fees.
- Single Membership – A single membership shall consist of one adult.
- Junior Membership – A single membership who is under the age of eighteen.
- Senior Membership – A married couple membership where one of the individuals has exceeded the age of 60 years.
ARTICLE II – GOVERNING BODY
The management, policy and operation of the Club shall be formulated and controlled by management, who shall have the absolute power among other powers to: establish classifications of membership; create policy; establish and change dues, assessments, and fees; amend, modify or supplement these Rules and Regulations; and otherwise promote, operate and maintain the Club.
ARTICLE III – MEMBERSHIP CLASSIFICATIONS
- Membership – Membership is available subject to application and acceptance, payment of applicable membership fees as established by management from time to time and compliance with the rules and policies of the Club as established from time to time. A member shall have the right to use the Club facilities designated by management from time to time for the membership classification selected by the member, and shall enjoy the full range of privileges available to members of the Club for the selected membership classification. There are currently Five (5) classifications of membership at the Club: Pine Forest, Links, Courtside, Club and Junior.
- Pine Forest Membership – Owner will offer Pine Forest memberships in Family, Single and Senior categories. Pine Forest membership allows access to 18 hole golf course, 10 har tru tennis courts, Jr. Olympic pool, Clubhouse and Poolside Cabana bar.
- Links Membership – Owner will offer Links Membership in Family, Single and Senior categories. Links membership allows access to 18 hole golf course, Clubhouse, Jr. Olympic pool and Poolside Cabana bar.
- Courtside Membership – Owner will offer Courtside Membership in Family and Single categories only. Courtside membership allows access to 10 har tru tennis courts, Clubhouse, Jr. Olympic pool and Poolside Cabana bar.
- Club Membership – Owner will offer Club Membership in Family and Single categories only. Club membership allows access to Clubhouse, Jr. Olympic pool and Poolside Cabana bar.
- Junior Membership – Owner will offer Junior Membership to individuals under the age of 18 years. Junior membership allows access to 18-hole golf course and/or 10 har tru tennis courts.
ARTICLE IV – ELIGIBILITY FOR MEMBERSHIP
The criteria for eligibility for membership in the Club shall be set by management from time to time and shall be determined and administered by the regulations and qualifications provided in these Rules and Regulations as they may be amended from time to time. The Pine Forest Country Club does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, or national origin.
- Application – Applicants for membership in the Club must complete and sign a written application in form and content as established from time to time by management. The application shall be presented to management together with all applicable dues and fees as set from time to time by management. Any omission, inaccuracy, or misrepresentation by the applicant shall render the application void or shall be grounds for dismissal of a member.
- Requirements – All members shall be bound by these Rules and Regulations as they may from time to time be amended, modified or supplemented.
- Payment of Dues and Fees – Membership dues and fees shall be payable in advance. Upon notice of acceptance to the Club, the member shall then be entitled to the benefits and privileges of such membership and such member shall be bound by the Rules and Regulations of the Club. Should the membership application not be acted upon favorably by management all dues paid by such applicant shall be returned to the applicant.
- Membership is not Transferable – Membership in the Club is not transferable, and any member who attempts to transfer his or her membership, in whole or in part, shall be in violation of these Rules and Regulations and shall be subject to termination or suspension. If a member is terminated or suspended, such member shall not be entitled to a refund of any portion of the dues or fees previously paid by such member.
- Charges – All charges for goods and services must be paid as they are rendered. Acceptable methods of payment include cash or a major bank card )Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover).
ARTICLE V – RESIGNATION / STATUS CHANGE OF MEMBERSHIP
- Resignation – Members may resign or voluntarily terminate membership at any time, but shall not be entitled to a refund of any portion of their initiation fee, prepaid dues or trail fees. Social or “The Club” memberships resigning will be required to pay additional Initiation fees upon returning to the club at a later date.
- Resignation Notice – Members may resign from the Club at any time by giving written notice to the Club and paying all dues and charges for which they are liable at the date of receipt by the Club of such notice.
- Initiation Fees – Members resigning from the Club shall not be entitled to a refund of any portion of their initiation fee. In the event a member rejoins the Club, current initiation fees established by management at that time will be payable in full.
- Status Change – Members may change membership categories once during any twelve-month period. Changes in membership category may require an additional initiation fee. Where the category change is to a category requiring a higher initiation fee, the difference between the initiation fees existing at the date of the change must be paid when the change is requested. Changes to a category requiring a lower initiation fee will require no additional initiation fee and no refund will be given. In the event a member requests a change from higher to lower and later requests a change back to the original category, no additional initiation fee will be required.
- Request for Changes – Requests for changes to categories may require a waiting period if the total number of members has reached the Club’s capacity level set by management. Change of status is initiated by a written request.
ARTICLE VI – DUES
Membership dues shall be determined by management.
A member shall be billed for dues on a monthly basis. If payment is not received by the Club by the due date, such membership shall be subject to Article VIII.
ARTICLE VII – PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS
Members will be jointly and severally responsible for all debts and other obligations incurred by themselves, their family or guests.
All membership sales are final. The Club will not reimburse any membership dues, fees or other charges.
Failure to pay on time (payments are due by the 10th of each month) will be subject to the following:
30 days past due – suspension of charging privileges
60 days past due – suspension of privileges (1 ½% per month), (18% per annum)
90 days past due – termination of membership
* Note In the event a member is delinquent in payment, the member will be responsible for all costs of collection, including reasonable attorney fees.
ARTICLE VIII – TERMINATION AND SUSPENSION
Management shall have the absolute right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, cancel, terminate or refuse to renew the membership of any member, at any time, for any reason or for no reason whatsoever. If management decides to suspend, cancel, terminate or not to renew the membership of a member, said member shall be notified of such suspension, cancellation, termination or non-renewal by certified mail, return receipt requested. Reasons for suspension, cancellation, termination or refusal to renew shall include, but not be limited to:
any member’s, his/her spouse’s or family’s, delinquency in payment of any obligation owing the Club or
Any member’s or his/her visitors’, guests’, or family’s violation of the Rules and Regulations promulgated from time to time governing the use of the Club
A member may voluntarily terminate membership at any time, but shall not be entitled to a refund (other than in accordance with Article V) of any prepaid fees, assessments and charges incurred to the date of termination.
Prepaid membership dues and fees shall not be refundable upon termination, suspension, cancellation or refusal by management to renew.
Upon request of management, any member whose membership is terminated, cancelled, suspended or not renewed shall forthwith peacefully leave the Club. Upon a membership’s termination, cancellation, suspension, or non-renewal, the member shall not have the privilege of using the Club’s facilities for any purpose.
Suspension of membership shall be for such a period of time as management may designate and management may establish such reasonable requirements, as it deems appropriate as a condition to the reinstatement of any member. Despite suspension, the member shall remain liable for all dues and fees.
ARTICLE IX – GUESTS
A guest shall be construed to mean a person invited by a member for the purpose of enjoying the facilities of the Club. Such guest must be accompanied by the member who invited him/her at all times unless otherwise specifically permitted by management.
All guests of a member must be registered at the pro shop by such member prior to using the Club facilities.
Guests may be admitted to the Club for such privileges and upon such terms and charges as may be prescribed from time to time by management. The number of guests who may be invited at any one time shall be subject to the control of management.
Management, in its discretion, may cancel Club privileges of a guest at any time. In the event that management cancels the Club privileges of a guest all such privileges and rights shall thereupon automatically cease and terminate.
The member shall be personally responsible for the conduct and behavior of his or her guests and shall be personally liable for all fees and expenses incurred in the Club by the guests.
Management, in its sole discretion, may establish guest rates for guests and may amend same from time to time, without notice. In addition to these Rules and Regulations as emended from time to time, the following rules and any other rules imposed by management relating to guests shall apply to all guests.
Guest play may be limited during busy times.
Guests may not use a member’s account for charge privileges.
Guests are subject to all applicable fees.
Management Guests – Management reserves the right to invite guests to use any or all of the Club’s facilities from time to time at its sole discretion.
ARTICLE X – RELEASE OF DAMAGES AND LIABILITY
Each member recognizes, acknowledges, and expressly assumes any and all risks associated with his/her presence and/or the presence of his/her family or guests on Pine Forest Country Club property or facilities, including, but not limited to, the golf course, driving range, clubhouse, pro shops, pool, tennis courts and dining areas, and any and all risks associated with the rental or any other use of the Pine Forest Country Club property, including, but not limited to, golf carts and golf clubs. Each member acknowledges that participation in sports and/or recreational activities or his/her presence on property intended for sports and/or recreational activities may subject him/her family or guests to hazardous and/or dangerous conditions such as damages, injuries, or losses that he/she and or his/her family or guests may incur as a result of, among other things, lightning or other weather conditions, being struck by any foreign objects (including golf balls, golf clubs, sports equipment and the like) and the negligent operation of golf carts. Each member assumes the risk of personal injury and the loss of and/or damage to personal property and releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Pine Forest Country Club, subsidiaries, affiliates, related corporations, agents, officers, directors, and employees from and against any and all losses and/or liabilities for claims, demands, suits, or causes of action in law or in equity for damages and injury, including death, of every kind and nature, whether to a person or property, arising out of or in any manner related to (i) the member’s (or the member’s family’s or guests’) presence at the Pine Forest Country Club, and/or participation in sports and/or recreational activities at the Pine Forest Country Club, (ii) the member’s (or the member’s family’s or guests’) rental or use of the Pine Forest country Club, (iii) the member’s (or the member’s family’s or guests’) use of the Pine Forest Country Club services, including, but not limited to, golf club repairs and golf instruction, and/or (iv) the presence of the member’s (or member’s family’s or guests’) personal property at the Pine Forest Country Club, regardless of negligence, provided a member shall not be responsible for damages and injury caused by the negligent or wrongful act of the Pine Forest Country Club.
Each member further agrees to be responsible for all damage to or loss of property of The Club at Pine Forest, its members or guests caused by the member, the member’s family or guests, and/or the presence of the member’s (or the member’s family’s or guests’) personal property at The Club at Pine Forest. Personal property of the member, the member’s family or guests, present at The Club at Pine Forest shall be so at the owner’s risk; The Club at Pine Forest will not be responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen property.